for those of you out there looking for a great tv show to watch i can recommend a myrid of shows to fulfill your tv fantasies.
among those tv shoes i can recommend a few that you will love and break your heart….why? because they were prematurely ripped off the air leaving a tv shaped hole in my heart.
1. Life As We Know It (2004-2005)
- no not the cheesy rom-com with josh duhamel and katherine heigel but a great show about three guy friends and the perils of high school life. yes i know it soulds obscenely generic but it was filled with great adolescent insight and really hot guys playing kids way to young for their actual age and it was greeaaat!
we miss you LAWKI (what its referred to by the real fans of its) ….its a shame you can’t come back to us.
2. My So Called Life (1994-1995)
- this is real time good tv. beyond a shadow of doubt a cult classic and for those of you in my generation who have not fiendishly become addicted to this show…shame on you. it is the perfect blend of high school drama mixed with outcast troubles and of course JARED LETO (pre pink hair and band)
i mean look at all that angst! i will love you forever jordan catalano!!!!
*p.s i was six when this aired so don’t feel bad. i am a tv mutant.
3. Higher Ground (2000-2001)
- if anyone tells me they know this show, i will bow down to them as my equal bc that so rarely happens. this was an epic canadian show all about a group of kids who had who were sent away to “reform” school in the mountains some where to deal with their issues. but these were no kiddie issues. we are sex, drugs, prostitution, sexual abuse…the whole gambit and hello baby hayden christensen. just stupendous.
go find them. enjoy…be sad when they end. but be proud you are among the few who have seen and enjoyed these fine pieces of programming.